Healthy 2-Ingredient Breakfast Cookies Prep Time 4 mins Cook Time 15 mins Total Time 19 mins Weight Watchers friendly, Vegan friendly and low calorie! These cookies are super quick and easy to make, and healthy!
Course: Breakfast Cuisine: American Servings: 18 cookies Calories: 32 kcal Author: Karina
- 2 large , ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cups quick oats*
Optional Add-in Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons peanut flour or any nut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate Chips (I use semi-sweet,dark or miniature)
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (adjust to your taste preference)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup Nutella or any hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup crushed nuts of choice (pecans, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc)
- 1/3 cup dried fruit (think cranberries, raisins, sultanas, chopped dates)
- 1-2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (adjust to your taste preferences)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- **Measurements are based on what I have tried with these cookies in the past. Feel free to add more/less to your preference
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Mash bananas in a shallow bowl. Add in the oats and mix well to combine. Fold in any optional add-ins you like (I added 4 level tablespoons of peanut flour, 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons of honey into these).
- Line baking tray/sheet with baking/parchment paper and drop one tablespoon of cookie dough per cookie onto tray. Press down with the back of a metal spoon and shape into cookies (these will not spread into shape like normal cookies). Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on your oven, or until cookies are lightly golden on top and just set to the touch. (Keep an eye on them after 10 minutes, as they can bake faster depending on how hot your oven is before baking.)
- Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
*Quick oats give the best results, however you CAN use rolled oats. Use Gluten Free Oats for gluten free cookies.
**Storage: Store cookies in an airtight container for two-three days, or freeze the batch and reheat when needed. Nutrition Facts Healthy 2-Ingredient Breakfast Cookies Amount Per Serving Calories 32 % Daily Value*Potassium 29mg 1%Total Carbohydrates 5g 2%Protein 1g 2% Calcium 0.4% Iron 2.1% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.