- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) tikka masala curry sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Naan flatbreads, warmed
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine chicken and vegetables; add sauce, water and salt. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 170°. Press cancel. If desired, top with cilantro; serve with warmed naan.
- Freeze option: Omitting cilantro and naan, freeze cooled chicken and vegetable mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with warmed naan.
1-1/4 cups: 334 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch. Originally published as Saucy Indian Chicken & Vegetables in Skinny Instant Pot