- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first six ingredients; top with pork chops. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°. Press cancel.
- Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with pork.
1 pork chop with 1/4 cup cherry mixture: 259 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat. Originally published as Tart Cherry Chops Crock Pot Style in Skinny Instant Pot