- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, brown fish in butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cheese, milk and cayenne; spoon over fish. Sprinkle with tomato, olives and pine nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 425° until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, lemon juice and pepper; drizzle over fish.
1 fillet: 279 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Tilapia A La Greek in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011
Thank you for reading 🙂