Pressure Cooker Mushroom Chicken and Peas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Place chicken in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix, pressing to help seasonings adhere. Add mushrooms, onion, water and garlic. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°. Press cancel. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Add peas; simmer, uncovered, until peas are tender, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture: 282 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable. Originally published as Slow Cooked Spring Chicken with Farmers Market Mushroom and Peas in Skinny Instant Pot
Thank you for reading 🙂