- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Combine the first six ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Sprinkle ribs with salt, garlic powder and pepper; place in pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove cover; stir to break pork into smaller pieces. Serve with pasta. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
1 cup ragu: 196 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch. Originally published as Pork and Spicy Butternut Squash Ragú with Penne Rigate in Skinny Instant Pot
Thank you for reading 🙂