Carrot and Parsnip Soup
What You Need
6 Tbsp. KRAFT Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, peeled, chopped
3 parsnips, peeled, chopped
3-1/2 cups water
3 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
Let’s Make It
1- Heat 1/4 cup dressing in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions; cook 4 to 6 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Add carrots and parsnips; cook and stir 8 to 10 min. or until parsnips are lightly browned.
2- Stir in water and broth; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 40 to 45 min. or until vegetables are softened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Uncover. Cool 15 min.
3 -Process soup, in batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return to saucepan; cook on low heat 5 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Add cream cheese spread and remaining dressing; cook and stir 5 min. or until cream cheese is melted and soup is well blended.
-Tip 1 How to Store Leftovers Cool soup. Refrigerate up to 3 days. Reheat just before serving. For longer storage, freeze up to 4 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
-Tip 2 Keeping it Safe If using a blender to puree the soup, cover the filled blender with lid, then a clean dish towel to prevent any hot soup from leaking from the top as the mixture is blended.
Calories 110 % Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g 8%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 380mg 17%
Total Carbohydrates 12g 4%
Dietary Fibers 3g 11%
Sugars 6g 12%
Protein 2g 4%
Vitamin A 120%
Vitamin C 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
servings Make 8 servings, 1 cup each.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used.
- Vegan Zucchini and Tomato Casserole
- Zucchini Casserole
- Cowboy Cornbread Casserole Recipe Link
- Baked Easy Cheesy Zucchini Video
Thank you for reading 🙂