- 12 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- Sliced jalapeno peppers, finely chopped red onion and sesame seeds, optional
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the 2 wing joints; discard wing tips. Sprinkle chicken with a dash of salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until golden brown, 6-8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, liquid smoke, if desired, and remaining salt; pour over wings. Toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, 2-3 hours. If desired, top with jalapenos, onion and sesame seeds to serve.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled fully cooked wings in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Reheat wings in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan in a preheated 325° oven until heated through, covering if necessary to prevent browning. Serve as directed.
1 piece: 74 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Originally published as Chicken Wings with BBQ Sauce in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008
- Recipe Share
- Recipe Share, why? Just because
- Recipe Share
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken with Biscuits /Recipe
- Sinful Chocolate Cake/RECIPE