This Old-Fashioned Cheesy Cabbage Casserole recipe is a creamy, cheesy side dish with a crunchy topping that everyone will enjoy.
Course: Casserole, Side Dish
Keyword: baked cabbage recipe, cabbage casserole, cabbage casserole recipe, old-fashioned cheesy cabbage casserole
Servings: 8 servings
• 4 – 6 cups shredded cabbage
• 1 stick margarine or butter
• 1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
• 2 10.5 oz. cans cream of celery soup
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes for topping
0. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
0. Put a stick or margarine or butter in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Put in oven until melted. Remove carefully.
0. Sprinkle cornflakes over butter. Add cabbage. (Cabbage should fill the pan and will cook down.)
0. Warm celery soup, mayonnaise and milk in microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
0. Pour mixture over cabbage. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and crushed cornflakes.
0. Bake for 45 minutes.