Parmesan & Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe
- 1 large Egg (Whole)
- 1/4 cup Tap Water
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
- 1/2 tsp Xylitol
- 3/4 tsp Oregano
- 3/4 tsp Basil
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
This recipe is suitable for all phases except for the first two weeks of Induction due to the nuts.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients (egg, water and oil) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining dry ingredients; stirring to blend. The spices are optional but add a great flavor to the dough. Consider adding up to 1/2 tsp garlic powder as well as the 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes. Add the wet ingredients stirring to form a thick dough.
- Grease two sheets of parchment and roll the dough between the sheets into a thin circle or square to fit a pizza pan or baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp around the edges. Allow to cool about 20 minutes to form a crunchy crust. Top with toppings and place back in the oven or broiler for a few minutes to cook the toppings. Makes 8 slices.