- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves.
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown loaves on all sides; drain. Combine the cornstarch, tomato sauce and water until smooth. Pour over meat loaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until meat is no longer pink, 15-20 minutes.
1 meatloaf: 292 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch
Thank you for reading 🙂