- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 large hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Place the lettuce in a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl; top with pasta and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with chicken and peas. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients until blended; spread over top. Refrigerate, covered, for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Test Kitchen Tips Layer in other greens for the lettuce if you prefer. Baby spinach and peppery arugula are great choices. Lighten things up by using low-fat sour cream and mayonnaise.
3/4 cup: 310 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Eight-Layer Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2012
Thank you for reading 🙂