Spinach Feta Strata
- 10 slices French bread (1 inch thick) or 6 croissants, split
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a greased 3-qt. or 13×9-in. baking dish, arrange French bread or croissant halves with sides overlapping.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, spinach, salt, nutmeg and pepper; pour over bread. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
1 serving: 190 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 443mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein. Originally published as Spinach Feta Strata in Country April/May 2003
Thank you for reading 🙂