• 1 large head cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
• 1 onion, chopped
• 6 tablespoons butter, divided
• 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
• 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
• Cook cabbage in boiling water until tender; drain thoroughly. In a large skillet, saute onion in 5 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in soup. Add cheese; stir until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cabbage, salt and pepper.
Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Cook and stir crumbs in butter until lightly browned; sprinkle over casserole.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
1 cup: 259 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Thank you for reading 🙂