Keto Tuna Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 5 minutes Serves: 2
- 1 (5 ounce) can chunk light tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup red onion, diced (from about half a small onion)
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper (or to taste)
- For the tuna salad: In a medium bowl, mix the tuna, mayonnaise, cilantro, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Stir to mix well.
- For the guacamole: Scoop the avocado into a bowl and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice, cumin, and salt to taste. Mash roughly with a fork.
- For the pico de gallo: In a small bowl, mix together the red onion, tomato, bell pepper, and crushed red pepper. Consider making this ahead of time, as the flavors intensify as they meld together. It’ll keep in the fridge for several days.
- To serve: Divide the guacamole between two plates. Layer half the tuna salad on top of each guacamole layer, then top with the pico de gallo. Sprinkle with extra cilantro to garnish and enjoy.
Thank you for reading 🙂