Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 7-8 hours Serves: 8 Ingredients:
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ pound Italian sausage, removed from casing and crumbled
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and crumble, reserving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Use a paper towel to wipe the bacon fat onto the inside of the slow cooker bowl to prevent sticking.
- Layer half the casserole ingredients into the slow cooker as follows: cauliflower florets, bacon, sausage, peppers, onion. Repeat to form two even layers, ending with onion.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Pour over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and cook for 2.5 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW.
Thank you for reading 🙂