Cheesy Broccoli, Chicken, and Egg Skillet
Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Egg Skillet
Yield: serves 6
Total Time:30 minutes
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Egg Skillet – A healthy-ish brunch, lunch, or breakfast-for-dinner recipe that combines juicy chicken, crisp-tender broccoli, eggs, and melted cheese!!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more if necessary
- 1 medium sweet Vidalia onion, diced small
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Bisquick or similar pancake mix (or Google how to make your own Bisquick)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese blend (I used a Mexican blend)
- 1 tablespoon green onions, thinly sliced for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- To a large oven-proof skillet, add the oil, onions, and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, or until the onions are beginning to soften; stir frequently.
- Add the chicken and cook until done; stir and flip frequently to ensure even cooking.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant; stir nearly constantly.
- Add the broccoli, evenly season with salt, pepper, stir to combine, if you need a bit more oil because things look dry add a bit more, cover the skillet with a lid, turn the heat to low, and allow the broccoli to steam for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- While broccoli is steaming, to a medium bowl, add the milk, eggs, Bisquick, and whisk vigorously until smooth and free from lumps. Pour the milk-egg mixture over the chicken and broccoli in the skillet.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the milk-egg mixture is set; exact baking time will depend on the exact type of skillet used, oven, climate, etc. Don’t overbake.
- Remove skillet from the oven, evenly sprinkle with the cheese, and return skillet to the oven for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Evenly garnish with green onions and serve immediately. Recipe is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 day
Thank you for reading 🙂