• 1 (16 ounce) package elbows pasta
• 1 sweet onion, finely diced
• 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
• 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
• 1 sweet bell pepper (any color), chopped
• 2 cans (10.75 ounces each) condensed tomato soup (NOT diluted)
• 1 ¾ cups milk
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Hot sauce, to taste
• Optional garnish: grated cheddar cheese, fresh parsley or sliced green onions
1. In a large pot, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain; return to pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat about 1 teaspoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, beef, and garlic in the skillet until onion is tender and beef is no longer pink (about 7-10 minutes). Drain fat from skillet.
3. Transfer beef mixture to the pot with the cooked pasta. Stir in chopped bell pepper, tomato soup, and milk.
4. Cover pot and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add hot sauce, if desired.
6. Serve in individual bowls and garnish with grated cheese, parsley, or green onions, if desired.
Thank you for reading 🙂