- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups plus 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 6 cups chopped fresh broccoli (about 3 small heads)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and celery in oil until tender. Add 4 cups broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return to pan; add the remaining broth and bring to a boil. Add broccoli. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
1 cup: 142 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat. Originally published as Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup in Fast Track 2019
Thank you for reading 🙂