Sheet Pan Whole-Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- one 4 to 5 pound whole roasting chicken
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes (new potatoes, sweet potatoes, or other favorite roasting potatoes may be substituted; quartering or halving as necessary)
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika, or to taste (poultry seasoning or your favorite chicken seasoning may be substituted)
- fresh parsley, optional for garnishing potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425ºF convection, line a large baking sheet with foil; set aside. If you don’t have a convection oven, bake at 425F regular, noting that the baking time will need to increase (see step 6. below).
- Remove the chicken giblets, rinse the chicken inside and out, pat dry, and place on one side of the baking sheet, breast side up; I don’t truss it.
- Add the potatoes to the other side of the baking sheet.
- Very liberally season the chicken with salt and pepper, more moderately season the potatoes with salt and pepper, and evenly drizzle about 2 tablespoons olive oil over the chicken and 2 tablespoons olive oil over the potatoes; toss the potatoes with your hands to coat evenly.
Thank you for reading 🙂