- 1/2 c. milk 3
- c. mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp. plus 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. pure peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract 6 to 8 drops liquid green food coloring (optional)
- 34 chocolate wafer cookies (we used Nabisco Famous Wafers)
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter,
- melted Topping
- 3/4 c. heavy cream 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped Directions
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk on medium until hot. Add marshmallows and butter and stir to melt. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons heavy cream, extracts, and food coloring (if using); let cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides. In a food processor, pulse cookies to form fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse to combine. Press evenly into bottom of the prepared pan and refrigerate.
- Once marshmallow mixture is cool, using an electric mixer, beat remaining 1 cup cream until stiff peaks form. Fold a spoonful of cream into marshmallow mixture to loosen, then fold in remaining cream and spread on top of chilled crust. Refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes.
- Make topping: In small pot, heat cream on medium until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and add chocolate; let sit 1 minute, then stir until melted and smooth. Spread evenly over filling and refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes or up to a day. When ready to serve, use overhangs to transfer to a cutting board and cut into pieces.
PER SERVING 235 CALORIES, 18 G FAT (11 G SATURATED), 3 G PROTEIN, 95 MG SODIUM, 19 G CARB, 1 G FIBER
Thank you for reading 🙂