- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour or corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Pour half the meat sauce into a 13×9-in. baking dish. Set aside.
- Wrap the stack of tortillas in foil; warm at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Spread warm tortillas with cream cheese and top with chiles. Fold tortillas in half. Arrange folded tortillas over meat sauce; pour remaining sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer. If desired, top with cilantro.
2 tortillas: 473 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1138mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Thank you for reading 🙂