Chicken Burrito Bowl
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 4 Tyson Individually Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 c. uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 can black beans (15 oz.), rinsed and drained
- 2 c. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 c. shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 c. finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 c. packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Thinly sliced avocado, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Season frozen chicken all over with the salt, pepper, and taco seasoning.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add seasoned frozen chicken, cover skillet, and cook for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add remaining oil, onion, bell pepper, and garlic to skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring frequently, until rice is lightly toasted, about 1 minute more. Stir in beans, broth, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Arrange chicken on top cover and simmer over medium-low until rice is tender and chicken is cooked, about 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, and lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Heat broiler to high.
- Remove skillet from heat and top with cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly and golden, about 3 minutes. Serve skillet warm, topped with some of the pico de gallo, avocado, and a dollop of sour cream; set out more of the toppings for everyone to add as they like.
Thank you for reading 🙂