Air Fryer Eggplant Fries
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup meatless pasta sauce, warmed
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In another shallow bowl, mix cheese, wheat germ and seasonings.
- Trim ends of eggplant; cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Cut slices lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. Dip eggplant in eggs, then coat with cheese mixture.
- Spritz eggplant and air fryer basket with cooking spray. Working in batches if needed, place eggplant in a single layer in air fryer basket and cook until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Turn eggplant; spritz with additional cooking spray. Continue cooking until golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Serve immediately with pasta dipping sauce.
Test Kitchen tip
- In our testing, we have found cook times vary dramatically between brands of air fryers. As a result, we have given wider than normal ranges on suggested cook times. Begin checking at the first time listed and adjust as needed.