5 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Bananas
Bananas are extremely healthy and delicious. They contain several essential nutrients and provide benefits for digestion, heart health and weight loss. Aside from being very nutritious, they are also a highly convenient snack food.
Here are 5 science-based health benefits of bananas.
1. Bananas are rich in fiber, antioxidants and several nutrients. A medium-sized banana has about 105 calories.
2. Bananas can help moderate blood sugar levels after meals and may reduce appetite by slowing stomach emptying.
3. Bananas are fairly rich in fiber and resistant starch, which may feed your friendly gut bacteria and safeguard against colon cancer.
4. Bananas may aid weight loss because they’re low in calories and high in nutrients and fiber.
5. Bananas are a good dietary source of potassium and magnesium — two nutrients that are essential for heart health.
Bananas are a popular fruit that happens to provide numerous health benefits.
Among other things, they may boost digestive and heart health due to their fiber and antioxidant content. Ripe bananas are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth. What’s more, both yellow and green bananas can keep you healthy and feeling full.
All evidence & citations are from US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health