Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Waffles
• 3 large eggs
• 2 cups grated zucchini, unpeeled (about 2 small)
• 1.5 cups cassava flour
• 1/3 cup finely diced pitted dates
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• a pinch or two of nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 4 tablespoons softened butter or ghee
• 1/3 cup raw honey
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 2 ounces chopped 72% dark chocolate
Preheat your waffle iron.
Whisk eggs until frothy. Add remaining ingredients except for the pecans and dark chocolate. Fold them into the already blended batter at the end. This “batter” is not runny like traditional waffle batters.
Scoop three ice cream scoops of batter per waffle. Let cook for 2-3 minutes depending on how hot your waffle iron gets and whether it is a shallow waffle or a Belgium waffle. The waffle should have a light-medium browning.
Serve with pure maple syrup and a refreshing SUNRISE SMOOTHIE!