5 Reasons Why You’re Not Shedding Weight
You may be able to lose quite a lot of weight at first, without much effort. However, the losing may slow down or stop altogether after a while.
Let’s look at 5 common reasons why you’re not losing.
1. Low protein intake may bring your loss efforts to a standstill. Make sure to eat plenty of protein-rich foods.
2. If your weight loss seems to have come to a standstill, it’s possible you may be eating too much . People frequently overestimate their calorie intake.
3. Make sure to do cardio regularly. It helps you burn fat, especially around your midsection. Lack of exercise could be one reason for a plateau.
4. Avoiding all sugary beverages is an excellent strategy. They often make up a significant portion of people’s calorie intake.
5. Medical conditions like hypothyroidism, sleep apnea and PCOS may be hindering your efforts.
Try strategies ranging from mindful eating to keeping a food diary, from eating more protein to doing strength exercises.
In the end, changing your weight and your lifestyle require dedication, self-discipline, perseverance and resilience.
All evidence & citations are from US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health