- 1 pouch (11 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard, optional
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, mix tuna, egg, vinaigrette and, if desired, mustard. Place buns on an ungreased baking sheet, cut side up. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread tuna mixture over buns; top with tomato and cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
2 open-faced sandwiches (calculated without mustard): 341 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Super Quick Tuna Melts in Taste of Home February/March 2016