- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheet
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole and salsa
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and refried beans; heat through.
- Unroll each tube of dough into a long rectangle. Cut each rectangle into 12 pieces; press lightly onto bottom and up sides of 24 ungreased muffin cups.
- Fill each muffin cup with a rounded tablespoonful of beef mixture; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake 14-16 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing. Serve with toppings as desired.
Originally published as Taco Cups in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2019