10 Things you might not had known about Burt Reynolds/Information Share
On Sept. 6, Burt Reynolds passed away at the age of 82 in Florida. Multiple reports indicated he suffered a heart attack. The screen legend will leave a legacy unmatched by almost anyone. He had no shortage of memorable moments over a career that’s spanned five decades.
Below are some things perhaps you did not know about the man whose name was, BURT REYNOLDS
- When he was growing up in Palm Beach County, Florida, all his friends called him “Buddy.”
- When he first moved to New York City in the late 1950s to become an actor, his roommate was another then-aspiring actor, Rip Torn
- He’s made more than 100 movies.
- Reynolds actually passed when Marilyn Monroe made a pass at him. (Ditto: Greta Garbo).
- A terrible car wreck (he crashed into a truck) when he was a student at Florida State derailed his once-promising (possibly pro) football career.
- He got battered and bruised—and nearly drowned—after going over a waterfall while filming 1972’s Deliverance.
- He says that posing nude in Cosmopolitan magazine back in 1972 was a fiasco and “one of the biggest mistakes I’ve ever made.”
- Reynolds was very close with Bette Davis, who told him all about her great dislike of Joan Crawford.
- He was the first actor to guest host The Tonight Show, where Reynolds appeared as a guest over 100 times.
- Incredibly, the super-successful Reynolds was once bankrupt. (“It’s not pleasant,” he says. “People treat you like a leper. They think their money will disappear if they touch you.”
If you would like to purchase the book “But Enough About Me”, click the link below
More things dealing with Burt Reynolds, follow the link below