How to reduce Bloating…/Health Information Share
Bloating is when your belly feels swollen after eating. It is usually caused by excess gas production or disturbances in the movement of the muscles of the digestive system .
Bloating can often cause pain, discomfort and a “stuffed” feeling. It can also make your stomach look bigger. “Bloating” is not the same as water retention, but the two terms are often used interchangeably.
However, in some people, bloating is caused mostly by increased sensitivity. It just feels as if there is increased pressure in the abdomen, even though there isn’t .
Here are 5 proven ways to reduce or eliminate bloating.
1. People who experience bloating often have increased sensitivity to food in the stomach. Therefore, eating smaller meals can be very useful.
2. Food allergies and intolerances are common causes of bloating. Common offenders include lactose, fructose, wheat, gluten and eggs.
3. Swallowed air can contribute to bloating. A major cause is drinking carbonated beverages, which contain gases that are dissolved in the liquid.
4. If certain foods make you feel bloated or give you gas, try cutting back or avoiding them. Eating fatty foods can also slow digestion and may contribute to bloating for some people.
5. Probiotic supplements can help improve the bacterial environment in the gut, which can help reduce symptoms of gas and bloating.
If you have chronic bloating that causes severe problems in your life, or becomes a lot worse all of a sudden, definitely see a doctor.