- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 each small green, yellow and red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine peas, tomatoes, peppers, onion, celery and basil.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours before serving.
3/4 cup: 130 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
- Tomato Galette Recipe
- Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- Tea~ to lose belly fat
- DIY Cheap & Healthy Meal Prep Idea: Better Than Chipotle DIY Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Veggie Burgers