COFFEE FILTERS….not just for coffee!!!
Coffee filters …. Who knew! And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree for almost nothing even the large ones.
- Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
- Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome… Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
- Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
- Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
- Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
- Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
- Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
- Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
- Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
- Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11.. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
- Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters..
- Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. It soaks out all the grease.
- Keep in the bathroom. They make great “razor nick fixers.”
- As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliqueing soft fabrics.
- Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
- Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups and stews.
- Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
- Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
- Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies.. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
- Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
- Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
- Use them to sprout seeds.. Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic baggie until they sprout.
- Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book..
- Use as a disposable “snack bowl” for popcorn, chips, etc.
Not just for coffee–
Thank you for reading 🙂