This homemade moisturizer is an all-purpose miracle worker—as excellent for damaged and dry hands as it is for repairing chapped lips and cracked skin. Rosemary and sage oils, steeped in nourishing coconut oil and cocoa butter, help to jump-start skin repair. While the salve is completely edible, we don’t recommend actually eating it.
By: Lily Diamond
Ingredients 32 servings
- ½ cup raw virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped cocoa butter
- ½ cup fresh sage leaves
- ½ cup fresh rosemary leaves
- Prep15 m
- Ready In1 h 30 m
- Melt coconut oil and cocoa butter in a small saucepan over low heat. When the oil is hot to the touch, add sage and rosemary. Let the mixture steep over low heat for 10 minutes, then turn the heat off and leave the pan on the stove to steep, uncovered, for another 1-2 hours, depending on desired potency of scent.
- Strain out the leaves and discard. Pour the liquid into an 8-ounce glass jar, two 4-ounce jars, or four 2-ounce jars. Place lids on the jars and refrigerate overnight to harden. Remove from the fridge the next morning and keep in a cool, dry place.
- To make ahead: Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.