How to Make a Shamrock Wreath – DIY St. Patrick’s Day Decor Idea
This project was a bit time consuming, but it wasn’t hard at all. You can get your kids involved and make it a fun family project.
DIY Shamrock Wreath
Shamrock Wreath Supplies
- 1-yard green polka dot fabric
- 1-yard shamrock fabric
- 1-yard lime green fabric
- 1/4” yard green polka dot fabric
- 12” wire wreath frame
- Iron/ironing board
- Measuring tape
How to Make A Shamrock Wreath For St. Patrick’s Day
1. Measure and cut your 3 yards of fabric into 1.5” x 7” strips of fabric.
2. Tie on strips of fabric on your wire wreath in a pattern (green polka dot, shamrock, lime green) one at a time starting on the outer edge and working your way in.
3. Keep tiring your fabric strips on in a pattern once section at a time.
4. When your wreath is full cut a piece of fabric that is 34” x 7” from your 1/4” yard green polka dot fabric.
5. Fold the vertical sides in and iron in place making the fabric look like a strip of 3” wide ribbon.
6. Place your strip of fabric through the center of the wreath and tie the ends into a knot. Pull the knot behind the wreath and your wreath is ready to hang.
Pin for Later