- at least 5 old keys
- a piece of drift wood or stick
- string or fishing line
- optional: acrylic paint
- Optional: Paint your keys and stick. Choose a few coordinating colors and have your child paint the keys and stick. Our keys took two coats, let the first side dry before flipping and painting the other side.
- Tie a piece of string to either end of the stick so that you have a way to hang it.
- Tie a piece of string to each key.
- Tie the keys to the stick making sure that they are close enough to each other that they will chime when the wind blows them.
- Gift, hang, enjoy!
I hope this project inspires a little crafty recycling in your home. I’m sure you and your little ones will love turning trash into treasure. And whoever receives your thoughtful handy work is sure to be pleased as punch. I know they make me smile every time I enter my garden.
Here’s to crafting and giving green!