- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups cooked salmon chunks or 2 cans (7-1/2 ounces each) salmon, drained and bones removed
- In a large saucepan, cook onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in 1/4 cup broth until tender. Add the potatoes, carrots, seasoned salt if desired, dill and remaining broth.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add zucchini; simmer for 5 minutes. Add the corn, milk and salmon; heat through.
1 cup: 282 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.