Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Salsa
• 1/2 cup diced strawberries
• juice of 1/4 lime (you will use the remaining lime later in the recipe)
• 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
• 1/8 cup finely diced red onion
• 1/2 avocado, diced
• 1 small handful of chopped cilantro leaves
• sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
• 1 pound chicken tenders (or you can buy the breasts and slice it into long strips)
In a small bowl, combine strawberries, lime juice, tomatoes, onion, avocado, and cilantro. Stir to distribute the lime juice (this will help keep your avocado from browning). Season with salt, a pinch or two. Taste as you go so it is perfect for your taste buds!
Squeeze remaining lime over the chicken and then season with salt and pepper. Place tenders on a heated grill or grilling pan (medium to medium-high heat). Depending on the thickness of your chicken, you are going to cook them for 3-5 minutes per side. Check the internal temp with a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is at 165 degrees. Remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes.
Spoon salsa over chicken. Serve immediately.