- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained and finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and extracts until blended. Stir in oats and cherries. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers.
1 cookie: 81 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.