- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch rubbed sage
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and seasonings; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the baking mix and milk to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a well-floured surface; knead lightly for 10-12 times. Pat into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish, pushing dough up sides of dish to form a shallow rim. Arrange tomato slices over top. Spread with topping; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 209 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.