Pumpkin Mini Muffins Cat Treat Recipe
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp reduced-fat lactose-free milk
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cooked pumpkin (If using canned, be sure it’s pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie purée.)
- Optional topping: Stella & Chewy Marie’s Magical Dinner Dust Cage Free Chicken Recipe Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Food Topper
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large mixing bowl
- Mini muffin pan
- Small cookie scoop or small spoon
- Mini baking liners
12 mini muffins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line your mini muffin pan with paper liners.
In a high-speed blender, add pumpkin, maple syrup, lactose-free milk, coconut oil and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside.
After rinsing and drying your blender, add the oats and grind into a fine flour. Transfer to a separate large mixing bowl.
Add baking powder and salt to the same bowl and stir until combined.
Add pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Using a small spoon or cookie scoop, spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
Tip: Gently tap the pan on the counter to smooth out the batter before baking.
Allow to cool completely (and remove the paper liner) before serving.
This recipe was reviewed by a veterinarian. They are intended as a treat or snack. Treats should only constitute a small percentage of your pet’s daily food. Feeding too many treats can lead to nutrient deficiencies. If your pet has health issues (including sensitivities to fats) or if you have any concerns, consult your pet’s veterinarian before offering this food item.