MwsR, Heart Paths, 2018 Copyright protected.
Link to the book, just published it. Fourth in my Heart Series!
- Excerpt From My Book, “Heart Paths”Just Look It has been thereAlways hasMaking me cryLetting you laughNever did anyone seeWhat it was that was hurting meEmpty complimentsJust to save “face”But inside, a very dark place…
- Excerpt from”Heart Paths” by MwsRIt Surrounds Me I wish my life would just let me be I smother underneath it’s grasp that surrounds me The many times I could not count on my two hands If there was a stack it would take a million rubber bands No one can measure the uneasiness I feel
- Excerpt from my book, “Heart Stones”Change, by MwsR When the time comes that you reflect over your life and the things you’ve done Will you see someone smart or someone dumb? Those things you thought were fin The things that you swore hurt no one. Were they worth it? Were they proper or were they like that of a nitwit? … Continue reading Excerpt from my book, “Heart Stones”
- Excerpt from my book, “Heart Stones”, by MwsRThis is one of my books. It may contain spelling and grammar errors. This book has poem form my heart. Pure, raw, and unfiltered.
- Excerpt From my book, “Heart Songs”I wrote this poem as I was thinking about my biological family. Since being adopted, they were always on my mind, so much so, I would spend many of my days wanting to run out and find them. MwsR Urge The sudden urge to just go Following through On an intuition, that inside you grew … Continue reading Excerpt From my book, “Heart Songs”
This poem that I am going to share is about the times when perhaps you cross another’s mind. It basically is saying that if you don’t care, don’t think about me.
I was shunned by my own family, after many years of conflict, many years of them looking the other way, yet finding ways to make my home life miserable.
I love this “matter of fact” poem. It is one of my own favorites.
Hope you enjoy!
Michelle aka MwsR ❤
Don’t Think About Me
Each time when I happen to cross your mind
Think of just what you’ve left behind
Think of all the day that’s gone
And how much time I’ve been alone
Each picture that was once so proudly displayed
Now are hidden and tucked away
There is not a memory around now of me
Just the thoughts in your mind that simply just go round
Each word or mention of me in passing
“Ducking” from all the questioning
What to say about decisions made
Because in your heart so heavily they’ve laid
Each tear that was shed was it from regret?
Or was it self-pity that you wanted to get?
Shame, how time changes some men
Kind of scary to think you’ve forgotten about the sin
Each family event that you have planned
One less family member to get the upper hand
Time has a way of showing whose true
Again I’m sorry that it couldn’t be you
So each time I am in your head
Remember it was away from you I was led
Don’t think about me
If only actions was all it would have taken
For me not to has felt forsaken
Don’t, just don’t, think about me
I’m in charge of my life can’t you see?
Each thing I’ve not forgotten
Each word I have memorized
Each step from you and you’re still surprised!
Don’t think about me.