- 1 quart sauerkraut, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrots, chopped
- 1 (4 ounces) jar diced pimento peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, mix together sauerkraut, onion, celery, green bell pepper, carrot, pimientos, and mustard seed. Set aside this mixture.
- In a small saucepan, mix together sugar, oil, and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour sugar mixture over salad, cover, and leave it in the refregerator for 2 days before serving.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Thank you for reading 🙂