Leftover Turkey-Cranberry Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Servings: 8-10 sandwichesKosher Key:
- 1 loaf very soft French Bread, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cranberry sauce
- 12 oz thinly sliced Muenster cheese
- thinly sliced leftover turkey
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4-6 Tablespoons butter
- confectioners’ sugar
- Spread each slice of bread with cranberry sauce, you can add as much or as little as you like. To build each sandwich, take a slice of cheese and tear it in half. Top the bread with half a cheese slice, turkey and the other half of the cheese slice. Top with another slice of bread, cranberry sauce side down.
- In a shallow pie plate, add eggs and milk and beat the mixture with a fork until combined. Soak each sandwich in the mixture, about 30 seconds per side. You want the bread saturated but not soggy.
- Over medium heat, melt a couple Tablespoons of butter in a nonstick skillet. Add a few sandwiches and cook until the bottoms are golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Flip sandwiches and cook the other sides until golden. Add more butter as needed to cook the rest of the sandwiches.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving. (Serve warm)
Thank you for reading 🙂