For the chicken 2 c.
panko bread crumbs 1/2 tsp.
Freshly ground black pepper 3
large eggs 1/4 c.
bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs For the dipping sauce 3 tbsp.
Dijon mustard 2 tbsp.
barbecue sauce 1 tbsp.
mayonnaise 2 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a medium bowl, mix together panko bread crumbs and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk.
- Pat thighs dry, then dip into egg mixture, then dredge in panko, making sure all sides are completely coated. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake until golden and crispy, and a thermometer inserted in the center reads 180°, about 1 hour.
- Make dipping sauce: In a large bowl, whisk together Dijon, barbecue sauce, mayonnaise, and honey.
- Serve chicken with dipping sauce.