• 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
• 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
• Cook cabbage in boiling water until tender; drain thoroughly. In a large skillet, saute onion in 5 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in soup. Add cheese; stir until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cabbage, salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Cook and stir crumbs in butter until lightly browned; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
This Old-Fashioned Cheesy Cabbage Casserole recipe is a creamy, cheesy side dish with a crunchy topping that everyone will enjoy.
Course: Casserole, Side Dish
Keyword: baked cabbage recipe, cabbage casserole, cabbage casserole recipe, old-fashioned cheesy cabbage casserole
Servings: 8 servings
• 4 – 6 cups shredded cabbage
• 1 stick margarine or butter
• 1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
• 2 10.5 oz. cans cream of celery soup
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes for topping
0. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
0. Put a stick or margarine or butter in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Put in oven until melted. Remove carefully.
0. Sprinkle cornflakes over butter. Add cabbage. (Cabbage should fill the pan and will cook down.)
0. Warm celery soup, mayonnaise and milk in microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
0. Pour mixture over cabbage. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and crushed cornflakes.
0. Bake for 45 minutes.
Combine the ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the sesame oil, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir-fry for a few seconds, just until fragrant, then add the cabbage and red bell pepper. Continue to stir-fry for one to two minutes until the cabbage begins to wilt, then add the soy sauce mixture. Cover and cook over high heat for one minute until just wilted.
Remove lid, add green onions and stir-fry for another 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. The cabbage should be tender, but still have a slight crunch.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp grass-fed butter
medium head green cabbage, quartered, cored and sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 cup onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
14 oz smoked sausage, halved and sliced into half moons
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
Preheat oven to 400°
Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Once the butter is melted and the pan is heated, add the cabbage, bell pepper, onion garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Sauté until the vegetable are crisp tender and the cabbage is wilted. About 10 minutes.
Mix in diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and smoked sausage. Sauté for 10 minutes.
Transer to a large casserole dish, top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
Top with parsley before serving.
Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Cabbage Casserole
This Low Carb Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Cabbage Casserole is comfort food at it’s finest. FULL RECIPE – https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/cheesy-smoked-sausage-and-cabbage-casserole-low-carb-gluten-free/
Posted by Peace Love and Low Carb on Monday, October 16, 2017
Per Serving – Calories: 333 | Fat: 25g | Protein: 15.5g | Total Carbs: 11.75g | Fiber: 3.75g | Net Carbs: 8g
Keywords: keto, low carb, ketogenic, low carb casseroles, casserole recipes, low carb recipes, keto recipes, cabbage, cabbage recipes, keto cabbage recipes, gluten free recipes, sugar free recipes, diabetic friendly