Mom’s Slow Cooker Breakfast Bake
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 2 hours | Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 2g Net Carbs| 518 Calories | 40g Fat | 2g Carbs | 34g Protein | 0g Fiber
- 2 lbs. ground sausage
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup chopped sweet red pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package of bacon
- In a skillet, cook bacon to crisp, cool, then crumble and set aside.
- Using the same skillet with the bacon grease, sizzle chopped red peppers and onions for about 3 minutes. Then add sausage to skillet with veggies and brown into crumbles.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Scramble.
- In a slow cooker, add sausage mixture to the bottom.
- Then top with 2 cups of cheese.
- Then top with bacon.
- Then top with egg mixture.
- Then top with 2 cups of cheese once more.
- Cook on high for at least 2 hours or until middle reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve and enjoy.