- 2 tablespoons plain hummus
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper Red and Yellow Field Bell ½ cup canned quartered artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1 cup lightly packed baby kale
- 4 pitted Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) can no-salt-added light tuna in water, drained
- ½ cup cooked farfalle, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted chopped walnuts
- Juice from ¼ lemon (optional)
- Whisk hummus and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper; cook for 1 minute. Add artichoke hearts, kale, and olives. Gently stir in tuna, trying not to not break up large pieces; cook until the tuna is warmed, about 1 minute more. Stir in pasta. Remove from heat and toss with the hummus sauce. Top with feta and walnuts and drizzle with lemon juice, if desired.
- To make ahead: Cook pasta up to 1 day ahead and refrigerate.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 3/6g Net Carbs| 494 Calories | 47g Fat | 3/6g Carbs | 7g Protein | 0g Fiber
- 1 package cherry gelatin, prepared and chopped (yes chopped) or 3 sugar-free cups of cherry jello
- 3 cups, roughly chopped mixed berries (chopped strawberries, blueberries and/or raspberries)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz, cubed room temperature organic cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 packets Splenda Naturals or 1 tbsp Steviva Blend
- In a chilled bowl (add to the freezer for about 5 minutes), add heavy cream, then use a hand mixer for 3-5 minutes until it becomes whipped cream and can make peaks.
- Add sweetener and vanilla and whip again. Add cream cheese and blend for another couple minutes until smooth (or mostly smooth).
- Gently fold in the mixed berries.
- Now gently fold in the gelatin.
Rainbow Chopped Vegan Salad (Low Carb, Low FODMAP)by Ashley Sauvé, CHN December-4-2017This colourful chopped salad is low FODMAP, high-flavour, and won’t leave you feeling bloated! It’s the perfect side dish to bring along to a dinner party but has enough healthy fat and protein to stand alone as a meal. Ingredients
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 english cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 mdium lemon, juiced
- to taste sea salt and black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: Total time: 20 mins Yield: 4 meals or 8 sides
- 1 english cucumber, spiralized
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 drops stevia (optional)
- After spiralizing the cucumber, place in a colander and sprinkle with 1 tsp. sea salt. Allow the cucumbers to rest for 15 to 20 minutes to remove excess water.
- Whisk together sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili flakes and stevia if using.
- In a bowl, gently toss together cucumbers, red bell pepper and dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.