A Lion Air Boeing 737 lies partially submerged in the water two days after it crashed while trying to land at Bali’s international airport near Denpasar on April 15, 2013. The pilot and co-pilot of a Lion Air plane that crashed at Bali’s airport have passed initial drug tests, an official said on April 15, as investigators probe the causes of the accident that left dozens injured but no fatalities. (Sonny Tumbelaka / AFP / Getty Images)
Mom’s Slow Cooker Breakfast Bake
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 2 hours | Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 2g Net Carbs| 518 Calories | 40g Fat | 2g Carbs | 34g Protein | 0g Fiber
- 2 lbs. ground sausage
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup chopped sweet red pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package of bacon
- In a skillet, cook bacon to crisp, cool, then crumble and set aside.
- Using the same skillet with the bacon grease, sizzle chopped red peppers and onions for about 3 minutes. Then add sausage to skillet with veggies and brown into crumbles.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Scramble.
- In a slow cooker, add sausage mixture to the bottom.
- Then top with 2 cups of cheese.
- Then top with bacon.
- Then top with egg mixture.
- Then top with 2 cups of cheese once more.
- Cook on high for at least 2 hours or until middle reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve and enjoy.
- 1 quart sauerkraut, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrots, chopped
- 1 (4 ounces) jar diced pimento peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, mix together sauerkraut, onion, celery, green bell pepper, carrot, pimientos, and mustard seed. Set aside this mixture.
- In a small saucepan, mix together sugar, oil, and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour sugar mixture over salad, cover, and leave it in the refregerator for 2 days before serving.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Taco Pie — In Dianes Kitchen
If you love poems, recipes, health information, quotes, provoking thoughts, laughter, and more, join me and follow along!