Sugar Free Copycat ‘Swiss Rolls’
These snack or dessert treats are as good or even better than the original. This is how to make Sugar Free Copycat ‘Swiss Rolls’
Course Dessert, Snack
Keyword cake, chocolate, copycat, dessert, homemade, sugar free
Allow time for the steps in this recipe. Approx 2 hours
• 1 Cake see post for details
• 1/2 cup Butter softened
• 1 cup Sugar Free Powdered Sugar
• 1 cup Sugar Free Marshmallow Cream
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 Sugar Free Chocolate Ganache
0. Prep your jelly roll baking sheets for nonstick. If using aluminum sheets, prep a sheet of parchment paper to line the sheets. Prep by greasing and dusting with flour or unsweetened cocoa powder. Prep two additional sheets of parchment as well by dusting (no matter which kind of a baking sheet you are using) and set those sheets aside.
0. Prepare the chocolate cake as desired in the instructions. Divide the batter in half and transfer to the prepped baking sheets. Baking times for the chocolate cake will probably be less so I suggest keeping an eye on the cakes and using a toothpick to test to see if it comes out clean.
0. Place the additional dusted parchment paper on to your work space. When the cakes are done baking, remove the cakes from the oven and flip each of the pans over on to the cocoa dusted parchment paper. One way to do this would be to place the prepped parchment paper face down on top of each cake. Then place a large cutting board on top of that and flip the cakes over. Next, peel the baked on parchment paper off of the cakes off of what is now the top of the cakes.
0. Give the cakes a ‘practice’ roll while they are still warm using the new parchment paper as your guide. Allow the cake to sit like that for at least 10 minutes and then unroll the cakes and allow the cakes to completely cool before going to the next step.
0. For the filling, whip or whisk together the sugar free marshmallow cream, with the butter, the sugar free powdered sugar, and the vanilla extract. Whip this until it is fluffy. When your cakes have completely cooled you can apply the marshmallow filling to the cakes, leaving between 3/4 to 1″ of the edges free of the filling. Roll up the cakes again and then cut off the edges that were were not coated with the filling.
0. Cover the cakes lightly with plastic wrap and place them in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.Meanwhile, you can prepare the ganache recipe from above. Remove the cakes from the refrigerator and coat your Swiss Rolls with the ganache. When the ganache hardens you can slice and serve your rolls.
Please see post for details.
As mentioned, You will need a chocolate cake to make this recipe.
I have several good ones that you can choose from. My Sugar Free Devil’s Food Cake Recipe, as well as are my Sugar Free Avocado Chocolate Cake and my Sugar Free Chocolate Pound Cake recipes.
Other needed recipes.
• Sugar Free Powdered Sugar
• Sugar Free Marshmallow Cream –
• Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon.
• Sugar Free Chocolate Ganache- 1
See my tips above concerning how to bake and roll your Swiss Roll. I will add a few reminders below as well. The process in making this is to bake a thin chocolate cake then top it with the cream before rolling the cake up. Then we will cover the rolled cake with chocolate ganache and cut into individual sections before eating it.
Because there are so many elements in this recipe, there is no nutritional information listed here.
Sugar Free Copycat ‘Swiss Rolls’ https://thesugarfreediva.com/sugar-free-copycat-swiss-rolls/
How many donuts you get depends on the size of your donut pan. You will likely get 8 to 10 donuts.
Amount Per Serving (1 donut) Calories 123Calories from Fat 83 % Daily Value*Total Fat 9.2g14%Total Carbohydrates 4.68g2% Dietary Fiber 2.67g11%Protein 4.43g9% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Recipe Carolyn
1 cookie: 127 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Think this is just ordinary spaghetti? Guess again! This simple 5 ingredient Apple Spaghetti is a fun and creative dessert that your whole family will love!
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
4 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, chopped
1/2 cup 2% milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
Cinnamon whiskey, optional
Heavy whipping cream, whipped
Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
In a small saucepan, heat the first five ingredients over medium heat just until mixture comes to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Discard cinnamon stick; if desired, stir in cinnamon whiskey. Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream. Serve with cinnamon sticks if desired.
Originally published as Landmark Hot Chocolate in Breakfast & Brunch 2016 Bookazine