Low Carb Chocolate Lasagna is a great sugar-free chocolate dessert made with a chocolate cookie base, cream cheese layer, chocolate pudding and whipped cream. This large dessert is great for gatherings. Course DessertCuisineAmericanPrep Time 20 minutesCook Time 20 minutesTotal Time 40 minutesServings 16Calories 387kcalAuthor lowcarbmaven.com
1 recipe Low Carb Chocolate Pastry Cream
CHOCOLATE COOKIE CRUST
2 cups almond flour (180 g)
1 cup (90 g) Bob’s Red Mill Shredded Coconut
1/3 cup (25 g) cocoa powder
1/4 cup erythritol
6 tablespoons salted butter
2 cups (16 oz) heavy cream
2 tablespoons erythritol, powdered
1 teaspoon stevia glycerite
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
LIGHTENED CREAM CHEESE
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons almond milk
2 tablespoons erythritol, powdered
1/8 teaspoon stevia glycerite
1 1/2 cup whipped cream to be folded in
4 squares Ghirardelli Midnight Reverie, grated
Make the Chocolate Pudding: Prepare the Low Carb Chocolate Pastry Cream and let it cool before continuing. *This can be made several days before.
Make the Chocolate Cookie Crust: Grind the unsweetened coconut, 1/2 cup at a time, in a coffee/spice grinder and grind until fine. Put the ground coconut into a medium bowl. Powder the erythritol and add it and the rest of the dry ingredients to the bowl with the coconut. Whisk together to combine. Melt the butter or coconut oil and pour over the ingredients. Combine to form a moist crumbly mixture.
Dump the ingredients into a 13×9 inch glass pyrex baking dish and lay a sheet of waxed paper over the mixture. First with your hands, then with a flat bottomed glass, press the chocolate crust mixture firmly into the dish. Remove the waxed paper and continue with the recipe or *bake in a preheated (350) oven for about 10 minutes and then let cool completely. *This can be made the day before.
ASSEMBLING THE LOW CARB CHOCOLATE LASAGNA:
Make the Whipped Cream: Whip the cream with the vanilla and sweeteners until stiff.
Cream Cheese Layer: Soften the cream cheese in the microwave and then using a hand mixer, whip it with the sweeteners and almond milk until nice and light. Adding 1/2 cup of whipped cream at a time, fold 1 1/2 cups of whipped cream into the cream cheese. Spread evenly over the base and refrigerate.
Chocolate Pudding Layer: With a hand mixer, whip the cold pudding. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
Whipped Cream Topping: Carefully, spread the remaining whipped cream over the chocolate pudding layer and refrigerate several hours.
To finish the dessert, grate chocolate or sift cocoa powder over the top.
This is a VERY large dessert and easily serves 16-24 people.***NOTE: Baking the bottom layer produces a shortbread-cookie-like texture: not baking, produces a sandier and softer textured bottom layer***Nutrition FactsLow Carb Chocolate Lasagna Sugar-free Dessert (no-bake)Amount Per ServingCalories 387Calories from Fat 351% Daily Value*Fat 39g60%Carbohydrates 7g2%Fiber 3g13%Protein 7g14%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan, using gluten-free flour.
In a large bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients. In another bowl, combine water, almond milk, oil and vanilla until well blended. Gradually beat flour mixture into milk mixture.
Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
1 slice: 310 calories, 17g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Best Chocolate Cake in Fast Track 2019
Sugar Free Copycat ‘Swiss Rolls’
These snack or dessert treats are as good or even better than the original. This is how to make Sugar Free Copycat ‘Swiss Rolls’
Course Dessert, Snack
Keyword cake, chocolate, copycat, dessert, homemade, sugar free
Allow time for the steps in this recipe. Approx 2 hours
• 1 Cake see post for details
• 1/2 cup Butter softened
• 1 cup Sugar Free Powdered Sugar
• 1 cup Sugar Free Marshmallow Cream
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 Sugar Free Chocolate Ganache
0. Prep your jelly roll baking sheets for nonstick. If using aluminum sheets, prep a sheet of parchment paper to line the sheets. Prep by greasing and dusting with flour or unsweetened cocoa powder. Prep two additional sheets of parchment as well by dusting (no matter which kind of a baking sheet you are using) and set those sheets aside.
0. Prepare the chocolate cake as desired in the instructions. Divide the batter in half and transfer to the prepped baking sheets. Baking times for the chocolate cake will probably be less so I suggest keeping an eye on the cakes and using a toothpick to test to see if it comes out clean.
0. Place the additional dusted parchment paper on to your work space. When the cakes are done baking, remove the cakes from the oven and flip each of the pans over on to the cocoa dusted parchment paper. One way to do this would be to place the prepped parchment paper face down on top of each cake. Then place a large cutting board on top of that and flip the cakes over. Next, peel the baked on parchment paper off of the cakes off of what is now the top of the cakes.
0. Give the cakes a ‘practice’ roll while they are still warm using the new parchment paper as your guide. Allow the cake to sit like that for at least 10 minutes and then unroll the cakes and allow the cakes to completely cool before going to the next step.
0. For the filling, whip or whisk together the sugar free marshmallow cream, with the butter, the sugar free powdered sugar, and the vanilla extract. Whip this until it is fluffy. When your cakes have completely cooled you can apply the marshmallow filling to the cakes, leaving between 3/4 to 1″ of the edges free of the filling. Roll up the cakes again and then cut off the edges that were were not coated with the filling.
0. Cover the cakes lightly with plastic wrap and place them in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.Meanwhile, you can prepare the ganache recipe from above. Remove the cakes from the refrigerator and coat your Swiss Rolls with the ganache. When the ganache hardens you can slice and serve your rolls.
Please see post for details.
As mentioned, You will need a chocolate cake to make this recipe.
I have several good ones that you can choose from. My Sugar Free Devil’s Food Cake Recipe, as well as are my Sugar Free Avocado Chocolate Cake and my Sugar Free Chocolate Pound Cake recipes.
Other needed recipes.
• Sugar Free Powdered Sugar
• Sugar Free Marshmallow Cream –
• Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon.
• Sugar Free Chocolate Ganache- 1
See my tips above concerning how to bake and roll your Swiss Roll. I will add a few reminders below as well. The process in making this is to bake a thin chocolate cake then top it with the cream before rolling the cake up. Then we will cover the rolled cake with chocolate ganache and cut into individual sections before eating it.
Because there are so many elements in this recipe, there is no nutritional information listed here.
Sugar Free Copycat ‘Swiss Rolls’ https://thesugarfreediva.com/sugar-free-copycat-swiss-rolls/